Women’s Rights in Islam
What are women’s rights in Islam
In a truly Islamic society women have the following rights in Islam
- The right and duty to obtain education
- The right to have their own independent property.
- The right to work to earn money if they need it or want it.
- Equality of reward for equal deeds.
- The right to express their opinion and be heard.
- The right to provisions from the husband for all her needs and more.
- The right to negotiate marriage terms of her choice
- The right to obtain divorce from her husband, even on the grounds that she simply can’t stand him. (pls note that God deeply frowns upon divorce as a solution unless there is hardly any other alternative but it does not mean that men have more right to divorce their wives than women do.)
- The right to keep all her own money (she is not responsible to maintain any relations).
- The right to get sexual satisfaction from her husband.
- Custody of their children after divorce.
- To refuse any marriage that does not please the and more…
Here is an article taken from a speech which details some of these rights: Ideals and role models for women in Islam the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) says:
“Whoever looks after two girls till they reach maturity, He and I will enter Paradise together like these two (fingers).”
(Muslim and At-Tirmidhi)
the honor of Mother in Islam
in famous incident, a man came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and asked:
“O Messenger of Allah, who is the person who has the right on me with regards to kindness and attention?” He replied:”your mother.” “Then Who?” He replied: “your mother.” “Then who?” He replied:”your mother.” Then who?” He replied: “your father.”
(Ahmad and Abu Dawud)