Ahmad Taha Seddeeq
Brietartuni 12, 105 Reykjavkik, Iceland
Mobile no. +354 7761610 – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lecturing (Theologies, Arabic and English)
- Theological Translations
Summary of Qualifications
- BA Degree with Honors in Islamic Studies in English, Faculty of Languages and Translation, Al-Azhar University.
- Master’s Degree with Honors in Islamic Studies in English, Faculty of Languages and Translation, Al-Azhar University
- Good Islamic background based on Al-Azhar education programmes plus scholars’ sessions
- Ijazah (Authorized Certificate of standard Qur’an recitation) according to the way of Hafs
- Career in Teaching Qur’an and Sciences of Quran
- Visiting Imam in Ramadans both in Egypt and abroad.
- Eight years experience in theological translation
- Simultaneous Translation of Taraweeh Prayer for five years (1425 – 1426 – 1428 -1429 – 1430 A.H.)
- (11/10/2003 – present) English Instructor at Al-Azhar University, Faculty of Languages and Translation, Islamic studies in English department.
- (1/4/2003 – 15/7/2004) Full-Time Islamic Translator and editor for the Arabia Company for Translation and IT, Bab Al-Luq, Tahreer, Cairo, Phone no. +2 027949370
- (17/7/2004 – 31/5/2005) Full-Time Translator and Qur’anic Programs’ Reviser for Dawn Productions Company (Media Company) Sheraton District, Cairo, Egypt, Tel. +2 022687410
- (Ramadan 1425 AH) Participation in the simultaneous translation of Taraweeh Prayers from the Sacred Mosque and Prophet’s Mosque
- (1/6/2005 – 1/12/2006) Translation supervisor & IVR administration manager at Al-Fajr Satellite Channel, Nehro St., Modern Cairo, Egypt, Tel.: +2 024545029, Mobile no.: +2 0105233668
- (Ramadan 1426 AH) A Team Manager of the simultaneous translation of Taraweeh Prayers from Nile Sat Broadcast stations at 6th of October city, for Al-Fajr Chan.
- (4/9/2006 – 1/6/2009) Part-Time and freelance translator, editor and educational designer for Shari`ah Academy of America (SAA).
- (Ramadan 1428 AH) Participation in the simultaneous translation of Taraweeh Prayers from Riyadh broadcast stations.
- Volunteer imam and preacher at different masjids.
- (2007-present) Lecturer at the Free Institute of Islamic Studies in tenth of Ramadan City.
- Delivering sermons in different masjids
- (Ramadan 1429 – 1430 AH) Participation in the simultaneous translation of Taraweeh Prayers from Riyadh broadcast stations.
- (January, 2010 present) Freelance translator for Harf Company.
- (8/8/2010 – 14/9/2010) Visiting Imam and Lecturer for Muslims in Iceland and also lectured to Non-Muslim organizations like UPF (Universal Peace Federation).
- (2011 – present) Religious leader of Islamic Cultural Center of Iceland.
- Participated in many conferences and seminars in Iceland and Europe.
Education and Certificates
- B.A. in Islamic Studies, 2002,
Faculty of Languages & Translation, English Department, Azhar
- Grade: Excellent with Honors
- Pre-Master course (of two years) in
Islamic studies, English Department, Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt 2003 –
- Grade: Very Good
- Master’s Degree in
Islamic Studies in English, 2010, Faculty of Languages and Translation,
English Department, Al-Azhar University
- Grade: Excellent
- Recognition and Equation of my Master’s Degree from University of Iceland
Certificates Available Upon Request
- Marital Status: Married
- Nationality: Egyptian
- Date of Birth: 02/07/1979
- Birthplace: Syria
- Languages: Arabic (mother tongue), English (excellent)